At Liberty Preschool, Greenacre we believe that the early years of a child’s life are their most influential. It is within these years that a child develops the foundational skills and abilities that will carry them through life. Our aim is to work closely with families to form a partnership,where staff can develop learning programs responsive to children’s ideas, interests, strengths and abilities. We also recognise that children learn through play. Fundamental to the Early Years Learning Framework is the view that children’s lives and childhood is a time of Belonging, Being and Becoming.
We aim to:
- Work as partners with parents and families of the children.
- Provide information, contacts and support for the children, parents, and families.
- Provide a high quality care and learning environment.
- Provide a program based on the Early Years Learning Framework where all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
- Provide a safe, secure, happy and loving home like environment where children have a sense of belonging.
- Provide a place where childhood is a time to be, to seek and make meaning of the world.
- Provide an environment that has vibrant and flexible spaces that are responsive to interests and abilities of each child.
- Provide an environment rich in resources to stimulate learning and development.
- Provide staff that are experienced in nurturing, caring and valuing children.
- Recognise, respond, to all children’s strengths, abilities and interests. We value and build upon children’s strengths, skills and knowledge to ensure their motivation and engagement in learning.
- Respond to children’s expertise, cultural traditions and ways of knowing, the multiple languages spoken by some children, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and strategies used by children with additional needs to negotiate their everyday lives.
We understand that each child is unique, and we value inclusiveness. Children with a disability are welcome to attend the preschool and their individual needs will be catered for as required. Wheel chair access is available.